In Make it Happen, Lara Casey shares 5 ways to create a life of purpose and make it happen. What is your “it”? Maybe you have a goal that you have never been able to reach or a dream you have kept locked away – now is the time to make it happen.
Lara’s steps towards making it happen are not only practical, but very encouraging and thought provoking. I want to share with you her 5 steps and then a few of the thought-provoking questions that I loved most from each step. Believe me, her book is filled with hundreds of other questions that you will want to process though.
After finishing reading Make it Happen, I feel motivated to rid the clutter from my life and live a life of purpose. I hope you are inspired to do the same. If you would like to buy Make it Happen and live a life of purpose, I’ve attached an amazon link for you at the end of this post.
Steps to a Life of Purpose:
1. Evaluate Your Life
- How are your relationships?
- How do you feel physically, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally?
- What hinders you from living on purpose?
- Do you feel like you are using your creative passions, gifts, and talents well?
- How do you feel about your relationship with God?
2. Clear the Clutter
- What are common distractions in your day to day life?
- Why do you gravitate towards each distraction? (For example, are you turning to Netflix to avoid God?)
- Do you feel the need to be constantly connected to the world through social media?
- Are you chasing perfection or numbing emotions you don’t want to feel?
3. Set Purposeful Goals
- What does God want you to make happen?
- What does God want you to grow to fulfill his purpose for you?
- If you could envision your most purposeful year yet, what would it look like?
- Why do you want to live on purpose?
- With every goal ask yourself – does this goal help build God’s kingdom or mine?
4. Take Action
- How can your daily life mirror how God wants you to live?
- What are 5 core things that need to happen each day for you to live in purpose?
5. Encourage Others
- How can you use your gifts to encourage others?
- What legacy are you leaving?
It took me over a month to read and work through this book. I usually finish a book in half that time, but Make it Happen is a different kind of book. This book makes you think, dream, question, and search. OKAY thinking can happen in a week, but GREAT thinking takes a bit longer. I encourage you to spend the time processing through the above questions or the book itself, Make it Happen.
I received this copy of Make it Happen for free from Book Look Bloggers in exchange for this review. All images are from LaraCasey.com.