The word worship is a powerful word. Worship is not just singing praise songs on Sunday morning. It is an attitude and a way of life.
As Christians, we long to live our lives worshiping God, but most days we spend time worshiping other things. As broken and sinful people, we tend to worship ourselves and others. We need to constantly surrender this to Jesus.
Jesus is enough. Jesus can fulfill all our longings. Jesus is the one we need to worship. We need to give our ourselves to God in every area of our lives. Here are some examples of how we can worship God: continually thinking of and talking to Him throughout the day, serving others with love, and being open and obedient every minute to whatever He may ask of you.
Who, what and how we worship shows how our walk with God is going.
I pray that the 15 verses below help you understand the word worship on a new level. One way to worship, is by singing praise songs to God. Hillsong UNITED is one of my favorite worship bands and I am thrilled to give away their newest CD this week. Empires is the perfect CD to play as you spend time with God. You can enter to win the Hillsong UNITED Empires CD today – just fill out the giveaway form below. Hope you win!
15 Bible Verses about Worship
- “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!” Psalm 95:1.
- “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” Colossians 3:16.
- “O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.” Psalm 8:1.
- “Addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart” Ephesians 5:19.
- “My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed.” Psalm 71:23.
- “Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the Lord, saying, “I will sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.” Exodus 15:1.
- “They sing to the tambourine and the lyre and rejoice to the sound of the pipe.” Job 21:12.
- “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” Revelations 4:11.
- “Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.” Psalm 29:2.
- “Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” Psalm 100:4.
- “Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the Lord; exult before him!” Psalm 68:4.
- “All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.” Psalm 66:4.
- “Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.” Psalm 95:6-9.
- “But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:23-24.
- “Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.” Hebrews 13:15.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”
Katelyn Mobleyat (8 years ago)
“Lead Me to The Cross” <3 <3
Autumnat (8 years ago)
Sashaat (8 years ago)
I love the song “WITH EVERYTHING”
Aprilat (8 years ago)